Supported Living Together we can
Live your best life
You and Me was founded by Carol Henderson. The name was decided by her daughter Sophie. As a young person Sophie would often say “You and Me Mum”.
Carol has always believed in listening to what young people have to say.
Carol had a vision. The vision was that lives of young people with different abilities should be as inclusive and stimulating as that of all young people. With her vision in mind, Carol a registered social worker, began a year long project to register the company with The Government Regulator, The Commission for Social Care Inspection.
Carol and her family raised enough monies to ensure her vision of rewarding lives for young people with different abilities became a reality.
Today You and Me is recognised as a quality provider of supported living to young people.
Our approach is to safeguard housemates inside their homes and within their community. This is achieved through individual safe caring plans and safeguarding procedures. We promote independence by encouraging and facilitating housemates to establish a weekly plan of activities to help them to develop new skills, confidence and achievements. We are committed to enabling people to access their community and participate in leisure , recreational and developmental activities wherever possible.
Our amazing team are caring, fun and are committed to enabling the housemates to make choices and live independently. The people we support are at the heart of everything we do and the values extend to the whole You & Me family. We encourage personal development at all levels and provide extensive training to staff throughout their career. All our team members are fully trained and checked using the enhanced DBS service.
- We care for one another
- We are sensitive to each other’s needs
- We treat each other with dignity
All together (Inclusiveness)
- We include everyone in what we do, we appreciate diversity and encourage differences
- We value each other and treat everyone equally
- We are curious about everything around us and work together to make it better
- Safeguarding is at the core of what we do
- We are honest, we tell the truth, we proactively speak up
- We take time to listen, we encourage others to speak, and we understand each other’s views
- We support each other’s development and progress
- We always work together as a team to achieve the best outcomes
- We share equally in our successes
Sign up to hear from us. supported living person centred care independent living facilities